Friday 11 April 2014

Meet my Best Friend


Today I want to show you my Best Friend rose. Part proceeds from the sale of this hybrid tea go to the RSPCA, hence the name.

 


 Advertised as being a hot plum pink, this is a great rose to add a splash of colour amongst the other softer colours. I have three of these and I am considering more if I can find the space. This colour is surprisingly hard to find amongst roses. I have one other rose, David Austin’s new rose, Young Lycidas, which I bought last year that has similar colour, maybe slightly darker. I can’t give you a verdict on that at this stage because it is too new, although it seems to be a case of so far so good.
 

Best Friend doesn’t have too many thorns. It’s vigorous (by which I mean it doesn’t take too long to grow) and it flowers really well. Currently, as you can see, this one, a standard, is having a spectacular autumn flush. And yes it is very fragrant to boot. It’s an average sized rose which means it grows to around 1.5 metres (5 foot).
 
 


VERDICT: I highly recommend this rose. It’s readily available at local Perth rose nurseries and bare-root from interstate sellers, often as a standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment